Educating young minds is a great responsibility of the parents, society, and the nation as a whole. A great way to impact students in a healthy way is to allow for mentors to add value to their lives. Students should have access to successful, helpful, and knowledgeable people who can act as guides on their educational as well as growing up journey.
Mentoring has shown to help the youth through challenging life transitions, stress management, and other life issues. A healthy and supportive relationship between the mentor**mentor
➤ (n) a wise and trusted guide and advisor
➤ (v) serve as a teacher or trusted counselor
…by BeeDictionary.com** and mentee has shown remarkable success.
Image Source: https://honors.uga.edu/network.htmlMentoring has shown many positive impacts on students all across the globe. These include:
- Increased number of students graduating from high school.
- Lower school dropout rates.
- Positive attitude towards education, and school.
- Positive lifestyle choices.
- Healthy relationships with peers, parents, and social relations.
- Improved and enhanced confidence, and self-esteem.
- Stronger interpersonal skills.
- Better sense of self.
- Higher degree of self-respect.
- Decrease in use of drugs, drug abuse, alcohol use, etc.
- Offers challenges to set/achieve higher goals.
- Allows for recognition and encouragement.
- Psychosocial support.
- Facilitates development of increased competencies.
- Provides for an insider perspective of a child’s career path.
- Gives a student the exposure and perspective of diverse experiences.
Schools should try and incorporate mentoring programs and parents should
allows their children to interact with experienced people (who can act as mentors) that can have a positive impact on their lives.